The Fylde Coast Teaching School Alliance offers an initial teacher training programme that provides trainees with invaluable classroom experiences to equip them with skills and knowledge to become effective and confident secondary school teachers.
WHY CHOOSE OUR SCITT PROGRAMME?
The SCITT programme is one of the best ways to begin, or progress, your career in education.
If you prefer a practical, hands on teacher training programme, taught by experienced and practising teachers, this is the programme for you.
- Our SCITT programme gives you the opportunity to learn ‘on the job’. You will develop practical skills and knowledge by working and learning every day in a school
- You will gain experience in Primary Schools, Sixth Form Colleges, SEN Schools, Private/Independent Schools and Pupil Referral Units
- This training route still include lectures, tutorials and seminars that cover the same material as university or college courses
- Our SCITT training programme is tailored towards teaching on the Fylde Coast
- Our SCITT programme lasts for one academic year full-time, running from September to July
- Our course leads to a QTS qualification and if you are successful in your training, you might get a job in one of our partnership schools
- By the end of the course, you will also be a Chartered Teacher of the PSHE Association - an additional qualification that prepares you for teaching PSHE in the future
INFORMATION ABOUT THE PROGRAMME?
Read our online leaflet to find out about the entry requirements, what qualifications you gain with this programme and how you will be supported, as well as the financial aspect of the course and other useful information:
Click the image below to view the programme online. To download a pdf version, please Click Here.
HOW DO I APPLY?
The only method of applying for a place on our fee paying course is via a system administered by the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS). You can initiailly use the Search Tool at https://www.ucas.com/ucas/teacher-training/find-programme/choosing-training-programmes to check whether we offer placements in your chosen subject. Once you have selected the Search Tool, enter 'Fylde Coast Teaching School' in the provider field, select then click 'search'. A list of our subjects will appear. You will need to make a note of the subject code to then apply.
To apply for a placement,visit https://www.ucas.com/ucas/teacher-training/apply-and-track.
We still have places left in most subjects, except PE, so apply soon to avoid disappointment!!!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Click the image below to view our FAQ sheet online. To download a pdf version, please click here
If you have any questions or need assistance with your application, use the Contact button below to send us a message: