Following legislative changes which took place in September 2013, schools and Headteachers/Principals have a statutory responsibility to make prior agreement with an Appropriate Body to quality assure the induction process for their newly qualified teachers.
The Fylde Coast Teaching School Alliance is delighted to be registered as an appropriate body, and in a position to quality assure the induction of your Newly Qualified Teachers. We offer the following services as an Appropriate Body:
- Registering your NQTs with the National College for Teaching and Leadership (NCTL)
- Receiving, reading and registering assessment forms
- Giving advice and guidance on the NQT Induction year
- Making you aware of any changes to regulations
- Supporting you with any concerns over the progress of any of your NQTs
Below you will find all of the information you need to register your new teachers with us, and to then support them in their first year in line with the statutory guidance from the Department for Education.
If you would like to discuss further support for your new or recently qualified teachers, please contact us.
Aly Spencer, Head of Initial Teacher Training
Phone: 01253 356271 (ext.169)